If you own a business and plan to maximize exposure and increase sales by showing your wares at an upcoming trade show, here are 5 steps to help you prepare for trade shows:
- Select the right show. Look at each show from every available angle. Check tradeshow websites and exhibitor magazines to make sure you are aware of every upcoming trade show. Compare dates against your business and personal calendars, calculate travel and associated expenses and determine which events will propel your business. Sign up for those which will get you the most bang for your buck.
- Organize your goods. After settling on venues, take a look at your inventory. Figure out which products to show, so you can determine exactly how much display space you will need. Regardless of facility size, most trade show venues offer booth spaces in increments of 10 feet, with the minimum size 10’ x 10’. So take the time to carefully consider how much display space you will need.
- Configure your space. Once you have determined which size space to rent, you will need to develop a strategic action plan, so you won’t need to waste time at the venue figuring out how to merchandise your materials. To do this, you will need to either purchase display or rent slatwall and shelves to be delivered to each venue. While considering whether you should purchase or rent display materials, don’t forget that, either way, you will incur installation and dismantling charges. So the best course of action is to go with a lightweight material which is affordable, easy to assemble and handle, inexpensive to truck, and strong enough to support your goods without caving in or collapsing at the show.
- Maximize your display space. If you’re careful, you will be able to creatively use virtually every square inch of your allotted space…some of which you will purposely leave empty so your booth won’t appear cluttered and disorganized. If you use the right slatwall and tradeshow materials, shying away from inferior aluminum frames and heavy, easy-to-break MDF slatwalls, you should be able to arrange your goods in an attractive manner.
- Choose your booth location. Book early, so you will get first crack at priority locations. Check the exhibit hall website and avoid setting up right next to direct competitors. Also, try to secure a spot by the entrance, so you won’t lose attendees who tire out before reaching the final row of booths.
Check out the attractive, lightweight, affordable trade show display and kiosk solutions available by Xylea-Wood. Our patented technology is an eco-friendly answer to your trade show, kiosk and display needs—twice as strong as conventional materials.
Call (909) 860-2695 or click here to email us today for details about our display solutions.
“How to Prepare for Trade Show – 5 Steps” is Part 1 of a 2-part series. In next article we will reveal five more tips for trade show prep.